Thursday, January 15, 2009

in a nutshell part 2

Throughout the year I have learned to keep an open mind with everyone I meet. When the class started I wanted to travel all over the world for my future career, which I still want to do! But sociology has made me realize that there's so much more to get out of the experience of traveling to different cultures. I will meet people with different traditions, food, religion, and even toilets! There's so much to look forward to, and I had no idea every culture had such extremely different lifestyles. I've also thought of now for my future career to possibly become a foreign affairs nurse. This way I will definetly be able to travel, and I will definetly be able to help people from all around the world. My oldest sister Stephanie has moved to New York, and I can't wait to visit her in the busy city. That will be another way for me to compare the people from New York to the people that I know at home. Community service in the class has really made me want to continue working on different community projects in the future. It's a really good way to spend some of my free time, and you get to meet really interesting people. The class has motivated me to get involved, and to be understable about different lifestyles.

No comments: